Smart cards can be said to be an information carrier in today's society. With the continuous development of society, smart cards are constantly improving. Only a small card has all the personal information on it. Therefore, we hope that everyone must take care of it. Do not lose or damage. We must pay attention to keeping our own cards. Do not break or contaminate them. This will not only affect the appearance, but also result in failure to use them properly. The following Xiao Bian will lead you to understand the smart card's professional knowledge and precautions.
I. Classification of IC Smart Cards: For more information about card issues, please visit www.sd-ka.com.
1. According to different ICs embedded in IC smart cards, IC smart cards can be divided into the following three categories:
(1) Memory card: The integrated circuit in the card is EEPROM.
(2) Logical Encryption Card: The integrated circuit in the card has encryption logic and ZEPROM.
(3) CPU card: The integrated circuit in the card includes CPU, EEPROM, random-access memory RAM, and on-chip operating system COS solidified in read-only memory ROM. Strictly speaking, only the CPU card is the real smart card.
2. According to the different applications of the 1C card, the IC smart card can be divided into two kinds: financial card and non-financial card. The financial card has the form of credit card and cash card. The credit card is mainly issued and managed by the bank. The cardholder uses it as a payment tool for consumption and can use the preset overdraft limit fund. Cash cards can be used as electronic passbooks and electronic purses, and overdrafts are not allowed. Non-financial cards often appear in various affairs management and safety management sites, such as identity certification, employee attendance, and so on.
3. According to the form of IC smart card and external data transmission, there are two kinds of contact-type IC smart cards and non-contact IC smart cards. Currently widely used is a contact IC smart card, in which IC smart card chip has eight contacts that can be in contact with the outside world.
Second, IC smart card interface equipment
The interface device IFD, which works in conjunction with IC smart cards, is also known as a read-write device. The more complex IFD is composed of a microprocessor, a keyboard, a display, and an I/O interface. The device provides power to the IC smart card through eight contacts on the IC smart card and exchanges information with the IC card. The IFD can also be as simple as having only one interface circuit through which the IC smart card is connected to the computer. The information that can be stored on the IC smart card is limited, so most of the information needs to be stored in the interface device or computer.
Third, IC smart card security issues
The unsafe factors in the use of smart cards are mainly the following:
1. The information circulating between the smart card and the interface device may be intercepted and analyzed and thus copied or inserted into the false information.
2. The forged smart card simulates the information between the legitimate smart card and the interface device so that the interface device cannot determine whether it is a legitimate or counterfeit smart card.
3. Replace smart cards during business transactions. For example, a legitimate smart card is used in the authorization process, and it is replaced with another alternative smart card before the transaction data is written, and thus the transaction data is written in the substitute card.
4. Revise the date on which credit balances are controlled in the credit card and use stolen cards to take away the highest authorized amount, which will cause the country or individual to suffer losses.
5. The IC smart card device management is not standardized. The interface device may be dismantled or modified privately, so that the cheating of the store employee can occur.
Due to the above unsafe factors, we must take certain protective measures when applying IC smart cards:
1. Strengthen mutual verification of the legitimacy of IC smart card holders, IC smart cards and IC smart card interface devices.
2. Set up a security zone in the IC smart card and IC smart card interface device. The security zone contains logic circuits or an external unreadable storage area. Any harmful non-compliant operations will automatically prohibit the further operation of the IC smart card.
3. Strict management of the IC smart card-related operators.
4. Make full use of the key and authentication system of IC smart cards and adopt a variety of security and confidentiality forms.
5. Encrypt the information transmitted by the IC smart card to prevent it from being stolen or changed so as to avoid confusion.
6. The information stored in the IC smart card is encrypted so that only the person who masters the key can read the information.